February 18, 2008

Heart

My meat keeps moving without rest or pause
Life goes on without overt instruction
I'm thankful that my heart keeps up the cause.

Each moment governed by minutest laws
Each part's function cannot be elective
My meat keeps moving without rest or pause.

We try to fix ourselves with pills and gauze
And work to heal each part for the collective
I'm thankful that my heart keeps up the cause.

Avoiding death, its permanence, its jaws
Fate's practices we know are not selective
My meat keeps moving without rest or pause.

Too much focus on supposed flaws
Gratitude would work as a corrective
I'm thankful that my heart keeps up the cause.

I've learned to appreciate because
Each survival gives me fresh perspective
My meat keeps moving without rest or pause
I'm thankful that my heart keeps up the cause.

No comments: