April 9, 2008

National Poetry Month: GotPoetry.com

GotPoetry.com is your basic bulletin board system (BBS), this one of course being devoted to poetry. While I prefer blogs to BBSs, I think this is a pretty nice site for reading and workshopping. One of the things I like is the number of categories available. That way, if you're looking to workshop something in a very specific style, you can be sure to hit the right audience (although I'm partial to letting people outside your poetic audience critique your work). GotPoetry.com has over 5,000 members, and while I can't tell how many are regular and active, that does mean a pretty good potential readership to critique your work. If you're a fan of the BBS-style communication, this site is definitely for you.

1 comment:

John said...

Nice write up. GotPoetry has a blogging area as well...