February 23, 2009

I can't seem to get things right this week

First I missed the deadline for Conscrit, and then I misread the title of this prompt at Poefusion; I read "Noise it Up" rather than "Noise of Up." So now I have a poem based on a title that's not quite right. Here it is anyway.

Noise it Up
I will not keep too quiet or refined
I always give myself the chance to scream
I will not let a doubt invade my mind

I cannot begin to fall behind
There's a pace and I must keep up with the team
I will keep to quiet or refined

Breaking down the thoughts that only bind
Skimming of the good ones just like cream
I will not let a doubt invade my mind

Hiding in dark thoughts will leave me blind
Tainting and destroying every dream
I will not keep to quiet or refined

Peeling back oppression like a rind
Feeling fresh skin, seeing new cells gleam
I will not let a doubt invade my mind

My work is how my life will be defined
No single though or word is too extreme
I will not keep too quiet or refined
I will not let a doubt invade my mind

No comments: