May 16, 2009

Adjusting my goals

Yesterday, I finished all the revisions for draft 5 of my novel. And while I made the goal to continue on and revise draft 6 by the end of this month, I've decided to scrap that. I need a break! I was starting to get frustrated with the novel as as result of spending too much time with it. I've been working at it since November (I wrote the first draft during National Novel Writing Month) and keeping a steady pace of revision since then. I need to stop and get some space before I try to work on it again.

This break will be at least two weeks long, and possibly a month. If, at the start of June, I am ready to pick the novel up again, I will. But if not, I will take two more weeks off. I'm looking forward to spending some time away from it, and look forward to seeing what kinds of things I'll discover when I come back after some time away.

No comments: