June 7, 2009

Self-Promotion

I have a poem up at Bolts of Silk. You may remember the original version from Day 1 of NaPoWriMo.

I'm really excited to have this poem published. I love it, and think it's the best poem I've written in at least a year. I was also amazed at how easily it was written; I went through maybe 3 drafts before I put it up on during NaPoWriMo, and it hasn't changed much from that original version. It's just one of those pieces that seemed to come together right away.

It's also one of the few poems written about a specific person. People from my real life are rarely directly inserted into my work; I tend to draw on amalgamations of people rather than one specific individual.

1 comment:

Lawrence Gladeview said...

dorla- congratulations on the publishing, the poem is elegant and fun. the connection you develop between subject and narrator is effective and plays well with the intelligent casualness of the piece. a smooth transition from s3 to s4 shines and wraps the dance nicely.