July 15, 2009

Flash Fiction Workshop: Day 2

Today was a bit more of what I was expecting; we finally got to do some writing! I had a lot of fun with that. The most interesting and challenging aspect was when our instructor dealt out 9 tarot cards and we had to compose a flash fiction piece from them. This was difficult for me largely because I know almost nothing about tarot. I don't know what each card signifies, and I don't know what it means when they are placed rightside-up or upside-down. So my story largely revolved around the images presented on the cards, rather than making up a story based on what the cards meant.

Tomorrow, we're bringing in the prompts we've been working on outside of class. I'm excited to show what I've worked on. I'm a little nervous, but it should be fun. My classmates are all nice, and we're enjoying each other's company.

Of course, when researching my hotels, I failed to consider that I should pick one with a business center. So now I need to spend some time tomorrow finding a Kinko's or similar place to have enough copies of my work for the class. Ooops.

No comments: