August 4, 2009

Confession Tuesday

I confess that sometimes I get annoyed with being hungry, because I have too much to do to stop and eat.

I confess that I have over a month to finish a 1,500-word article for a magazine, but I'm irrationally stressed out because it isn't done yet. Nevermind that I routinely write more than 1,500 words a day . . . .

I confess that I'm very annoyed with bookstores that don't post regular hours and only seem to be open when someone feels like showing up.

I confess that I'm working on creating a guide to independent bookstores in Austin, and doing the research is incredibly fun. I can't wait for this project to come to fruition.

I confess that my checkbook is missing in the bowels of my messy room and I'm going to need to take some time today to find it.

I confess I accidentally bought buttermilk at the store instead of regular milk, and I'm sorry it has to go to waste, but I cannot drink buttermilk. I even gave it a try just to see if I could. It's not possible.

I confess that I can actually get a lot of writing done in bars.

1 comment:

stu said...

Bookshops like that aren't so much about selling books as they are about the owner loving books and needing somewhere to store them. If they actually have to sell some occasionally to keep going, that's just unfortunate.