September 3, 2009

September Goals

Wow, August flew by! I can't believe it's time already for another round of goal-setting.

Although I was extremely productive in August, I did not accomplish all of my goals. However, I was far more productive than I was in July, achieving 6 out of 8. The only goal I did not accomplish were #2 and #6. I did not managed to get together two full revisions of my bookstore guide, and I'm disappointed in myself. I've definitely let this project slide after my initial enthusiasm. But I'm not giving up! I believe in this project and want to keep going. Also, I still have not finished that story-in-progress. But I have a feeling that this will be the month for it.

September Goals
1. Finish bookstore guide.
2. Submit work to at least three literary journals.
3. Attend a reading or other literary event.
4. Finish neglected story.
5. Do a full revision of all poetry manuscripts.
6. Apply for a freelance technical writing gig in order to boost my income a bit.
7. Pitch my novel to at least one publisher.
8. Submit work for the Robert Watson Literary Prize.

No comments: