October 6, 2009

Confession Tuesday

Yesterday and today have been about accomplishing things that needed to get done: housecleaning, laundry, groceries, oil changes, shifts at the bookstore. I've gotten a lot of things done, and even managed to get some good writing in, but I still feel like I have not been productive enough. Even though I know tomorrow and Thursday will be very productive writing days because the rest of the boring stuff is done, I feel frustrated.

I have cut down on a lot of blogs in my Google reader and have made a commitment to spending less time online. Even though I'm being successful in that endeavor, I still feel like I could be more productive.

I confess that I'll probably never be able to be a vegan. Just about any vegan dish I try ends up with cheese on it. My favorite couscous recipe is vegan, but I always add a bunch of feta to it. Today for lunch I made a tofu stew with garlic, onions, tomatoes, olives, and capers. After a few bites, I grated some Parmesan on top. I just adore cheese too much to give it up.

While I was cooking, I burned my onions because I was focused on poetry rather than the stove.

No comments: