October 27, 2009

Confession Tuesday

I confess that I'd rather be doing anything than writing today. Yesterday some very emotional stuff happened related to some important people in my life (yes, I am being vague), and it has really zapped my creativity. I want to play Wii Bowling. I want to sit outside and read. I want to get on my scooter and ride aimlessly around town. I don't want to revise that story I finally finished, edit poems, market my novella, or submit writing. Nothing that could be construed as productivity or work. I'm frustrated that what happened has thrown me for such a loop and has given me a case of ennui. I'm frustrated that I'm letting it bother me so much. At the same time, maybe I should just give in and be lazy. NaNoWriMo starts in less than a week. Maybe a little downtime before that adventure would be a good idea.

I'm worried that I'm less prepared for NaNo this year than I was last year. I worry that this lack of preparation will keep me from winning.

I am thrilled that I got up the nerve to self-publish my novella. I'm excited because I have a few people interested in reviewing it. I'm proud of myself for trying to market it.

I am hopeful that the week will get better.

1 comment:

The Storialist said...

Are you excited for the novel writing? Good luck to you!