October 11, 2009

Readers Doing NaNoWriMo?

Just wondering if anyone following this blog will be participating in National Novel Writing Month this year. Comment and let me know! My username on the NaNoWriMo forums is OrangeTangoDoble; feel free to add me as a writing buddy.

This will be my 5th year participating in NaNoWriMo, and if all goes according to plan, my second win (I won for the first time last year). My goal for this year, in addition to meeting the 50k word count within 30 days (while balancing work, dance, and a social life) is to simply have a better novel than last year. Last year, I just proved I could do it. This year, I want to have something good.

It's always difficult for me to talk about new ideas. But I do want to sketch out what I'm doing a little bit. This year, I'll be writing a novel that's a reinterpretation of the gospel stories (so basically, blasphemy). This version will center around the character of Judas - whose story is entirely different from that told throughout history. In my version, Judas was not a man, but instead a woman in disguise (in order to more fully participate as a disciple). I really don't want to give too much of the plot away, but this story will provide a completely new motivation for Judas' portrayal of Jesus.

This might be a difficult novel to write, but I'm really looking forward to November 1st!

1 comment:

jared david said...

i did nanawrimo last year, but only because i took a few weeks off while switching companies. i would love to try again this year, but with my job and PAD i don't think i'll have the time. i really should revise my book from last year, maybe over christmas...

good luck with your story, it sounds interesting; i'd like to see where it leads