November 26, 2009

Literary gratitude

It's been quite a year for me, personally and professionally. So I want to take some time today to share what I'm grateful for in my writing life.

  1. The writing group I joined this year. I've loved working with them, and feel like my writing improves more with each session. I've also gotten a lot more motivated to write and revise so I have work to share with the group.
  2. I've managed to publish a few pieces of both poetry and erotica this year, and even earned money from one of those. I may not have published a lot of writing, but I'm still grateful for every piece I managed to place somewhere.
  3. I'm thankful that I had the courage to read twice this year, once at one of the Austin Poetry Society and once at Co-Lab with the Boho Cocos. I haven't done a reading since college (in 2006!) and I'm grateful I managed to get up my confidence to do that again.
  4. I'm grateful for all the friends who supported me in my writing endeavors this year, and all the people who have inspired me.

1 comment:

The Storialist said...

Indeed a cause for gratitude and celebration. Just imagine what next year will bring!