November 9, 2009

NaNoWriMo Week 1: A Summary

So . . . my plan of blogging my NaNoWriMo activities each day? Yeah . . . no.
My plan of writing poetry each day that fit with the theme of my novel? Yeah . . . no.
My plan for keeping up with other creative projects? Yeah . . . no.

NaNoWriMo has totally consumed me this year. But I am progressing successfully! I hit 40,000 words this afternoon - I will probably win no later than Sunday. Which means I'm going to shoot a little higher and try to hit 100,000 words by the end of the month.

And I know I said I would post excerpts, but when you're writing at this speed, so much of it is rubbish. And if I go back searching for a good excerpt, I'm going to get stressed out and think I'm terrible and run the risk of giving up. So maybe later.

Apologies for my absences. I'll be back to my regular schedule after December! (And I do plan to check in throughout the rest of the month.)

No comments: