December 30, 2009

2010 Writing Resolutions

With 2010 almost here (thank goodness! 2009 wasn't the kindest of years and I'm ready for it to be over), I'm looking ahead to my resolutions. I've made a few for my personal life, but there are also some writing goals that I'd like to write about here.

  1. Get back into the habit of monthly goal-setting. I neglected that during the last few months of the year. Despite this, I actually kept my submission rate pretty high and wrote a lot of new pieces, but even so, I felt a little disjointed from my work when I wasn't setting consistent goals on a regular basis.
  2. Prepare a poetry chapbook manuscript, and decide whether I want to self-publish it or try to publish the old-fashioned way.
  3. Write enough erotic stories for a collection and get that collection published.

No comments: