December 15, 2009

Confession Tuesday

Working retail during the holidays is stressful, but doesn't make me feel nearly as awful as my old cubicle job. I may have to deal with customers, I may be overwhelmed sometimes, but I'm active, busy, and never bored. Even though I only make minimum wage, I'm far happier at this job than I used to be.

I'm way behind on my holiday cards - that is, I've only written and sent one. I have lots of family I need to send cards to, but I've been so busy with the two dance showcases I'm in this month that I barely have time to do the little things I need to accomplish throughout the day. If I'm lucky, I'll get them out by the 22nd . . .

My productivity has slowed down a lot this month. Between dance, the holidays, and other things, even when I have time to write, I just feel blocked. I'm hoping the few days I'll be spending in Florida will help rejuvenate me and bring back my inspiration.

1 comment:

The Storialist said...

Daily happiness is worth much more than a few extra bucks, that's for sure.

I'm also very behind this year for the holidays. Lots of holiday phone calls will be in order :).