December 22, 2009

Confession Tuesday

I confess I cannot wait to go to Florida (I'm sure this confession is hardly surprising). My hotel is on the beach. I will have lots of time alone. I will have plenty of peace and quiet for writing. I will get to celebrate the marriage of a good friend, and see people from college I haven't seen in two years. This trip will rejuvenate me, make me fresh for the new year, and hopefully bring back the productivity that has been missing as I've been careening through a month of working retail during a huge shopping season, performing in two dance showcases, and general holiday business. I'm really burned out. I need this break. It will be wonderful. (And if anyone has recommendations for things to see/do in Sarasota, let me know!)

I confess that I leave on the 25th and am not nearly done with the massive list of things that need to be accomplished before I go.

I confess I've opened all my Christmas presents early and don't regret it.

I confess I always forget to turn on the tree lights. The ornaments are so pretty already, I don't really notice the lack of light.

I confess my husband and I forgot to light the menorah three times in the middle of Channukah.

I confess I spent less money than expected this holiday season, and I feel great about it.

I confess I feel like I'm at a turning point in my writing career, and thinking a lot about what direction I want to take my creative life, and it's a little scary. I plan to write about it sometime soon, but I'm not ready yet. Maybe after Florida.

No comments: