December 24, 2009

Vacation Goals

Tomorrow morning, I leave for Florida. I'll be attending a friend's wedding in Sarasota on the 27th, and am taking a little extra time to myself. I arrive on the 25th, get back to Austin on the 28th. I look forward to both seeing old friends and having time alone. And since I'll have plenty of free time as well as a hotel room on the beach, I imagine it will be a great place to settle down and work on my writing. So I've set some goals for the next few days.

  1. Finally start revising the novel I wrote for NaNoWriMo this year. The Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award deadline is February 7th, and I'd like to have a decent entry this year. I don't have much time, so I'd better get revising.
  2. Write at least one new poem and one new piece of erotica each day I'm in Florida. Maybe that doesn't seem like a lot, but usually I only get two pieces of each out a week - so even if I only meet the minimum I'll have doubled my output in a short time.
  3. Revise the novel, but do not revise anything else. Only draft erotica and poems. The point of this is simply to focus on having ideas, getting things out, letting my new surroundings take my imagination places. I'll focus on honing and sharpening my prose when I get back to Austin. In Florida, I want to focus on creating as much as possible.

No comments: