January 18, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

What a hectic new year so far! Since 2010 started, I've been writing, revising, and sending out work. Plus, my freelance career has finally taken off! I'm still at the bookstore part-time because I'm not making quite enough from freelancing yet, but I don't have to worry about my savings running dry in April anymore. I'm very busy (last week I worked much more than 40 hours, and that doesn't even count my creative writing), and thrilled about it. I'm really grateful that things are looking up for my career. So I'm short on time for things like blogging, and when I do have free time, I'm wanting to get away from the computer screen instead of sitting in front of it even longer.

But one thing I'm really excited about is my upcoming erotica class. (Because with a freelance career, a part-time job, and dancing 10-20 hours a week, I totally have time to take a writing class.) It's called Sexy on the Page, hosted by author Shanna Germain, and it's all online, meaning it's going to fit into my ridiculous schedule. I'm looking forward to learning from Shanna and my fellow classmates, as well as having something motivating me to keep up with my erotica as I adjust to a busier work schedule. Plus, one of my good friends is taking the class with me. I'm looking forward to upcoming nights in coffee shops, working on our stories. Unfortunately, the class is full, but Shanna might offer it again at a later date, so send her an email if you'd be interested.

1 comment:

Shanna Germain said...

I'm really excited that you're in the class too! We're going to have such an amazing time. I can't wait to get started.

-is all excited-!

:)