February 28, 2010

State of erotica

I've spent the afternoon working with a friend, completing this week's assignment for my erotica class. I can't believe we're at the end of week 4 already! Only two weeks left! I'm having a great time, and will be sorry to see this end. It's been perfect motivation to get writing and to interact with other writers. I enjoy creating new pieces, rethinking old ones, and seeing what my classmates are doing.

I have not been good about submitting things lately (erotica or otherwise), but I've been really busy just producing new work for class, plus keeping up with the rest of my life. I'll make a point of taking care of submissions for the last two weeks in March, so that way I can have a bunch of stuff out when I'm busy doing NaPoWriMo in April.

I was thrilled to discover today that Laura Roberts is out of retirement, and thus Black Heart Magazine is no longer defunct. Black Heart was the first erotic/sex publication to print one of my stories, so it's nice to see it back in action.

And I have an idea for a themed erotica collection. I have one of the stories drafted, have a rough structural outline and notes . . . now I just need to write it! I'm looking forward to this new project.

No comments: