April 12, 2010

NaPoWriMo Day 11

Yesterday's poem was created using prompt 15 at the Book of Kells list of prompts for NaPoWriMo 2010. However, I will say that I am not happy with this poem and writing yesterday was like pulling teeth. But I wrote because it's what I do, and I said I'd do a poem a day. I just never said I'd write a good poem a day.

Untitled
I believe in ghosts.
I don't write poetry anymore.
I will never forgive you.
I want children.
I will live forever.

I believe in God.
I have a death wish.
I want to forgive you.
You are my best friend.
I wish I lived in New York.

I believe in miracles.
I shaved my head because I have low self-esteem.
I don't know why I can't forgive you.
I got married too young.
I will live through this.

I believe in myself.
I promise I'll never pierce my nose.
I trust you.
I will not attend your funeral.
I live alone.

I have prayed.
I'm feeling better every day.
My life is better with(out) you.
I miss you.
I live today as though it will be my last.

No comments: