May 19, 2010

Story-a-Day #18 - #19

Despite Tuesdays and Wednesdays being my busiest days of the week, I managed to write both of the story ideas I had, without resorting to squeezing in some flash fiction and putting the more exciting ideas off until tomorrow. Turns out, when you really want to work on something, you find a way to make time.

I was complaining earlier that I didn't have an idea for tomorrow, and then I got a great one! I was just brainstorming between dance classes, and something came together. It's going to be a real challenge to do well, but I'm very much looking forward to it. Tomorrow is also going to be a rather busy day, but I definitely look forward to working on this story.

Now to decide what I want to do with the rest of my night. I have to work on putting together a dance costume for an upcoming performance. One of my stories was selected by a publisher last week, and I have 2.5 weeks left to finish revisions - not an impossible task, but not something I want to put off. But really, I just want to type up a story I drafted last week that has been sitting around neglected for several days. I think I'm going to relax for a bit and then make up my mind.

Looking forward to the work week being done and more freedom to write on the weekend . . . .

Crossposted at Story a Day Updates

No comments: