June 17, 2010

New Find: Filament Magazine

Last week, I was internet-hopping and came across Filament Magazine, a quarterly publication that includes literary smut, sexy photoshoots, and engaging articles. And the best part is, it's aimed at women. This is the type of magazine that recognizes that feminism and erotic art are not incompatible.

I will note that Filament is targeted primarily towards heterosexual women. Although I'm bisexual, this isn't a dealbreaker for me, especially because the editors are clearly more interested in what's sexy than following specific gender configurations. For example, issue 5 contains a M/M story as well as F/M configurations. Still, they have a target audience in mind.

Although pricey for U.S. readers (Filament is based in the U.K. and a subscription cost me nearly $40), it's well worth the cost. This is one of the best magazines I have come across in my life, and one of the few I'm willing to shell out money to read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw some of your work. I would love to include one of your stories in a collection of erotic stories based on blues themes. A Scottish publisher will publish the book next year. Contact me.

writerrf@aol.com

Thanks, Robert Fleming