July 6, 2010

Confession Tuesday

I confess that I am going through a depressive spot where I don't want to write, dance, do yoga, cook, eat, work, read, leave the house, or submit writing anywhere. All I want to do is sit in bed and watch TV. I have been dealing with these depressive cycles since I was twelve years old, and I know that they pass on their own if I am just gentle with myself. But that does not make them any less frustrating or difficult.

I confess that tonight I am skipping my dance classes and going downtown to see a double-feature with friends, and that while it might not help, it certainly won't hurt. Despite the general gloom pervading my thoughts, I am looking forward to this evening.

I confess that an important pat of my life is in limbo right now, and while I won't say more about it because I don't want to put my entire personal life on the internet, I will say that it is tough and I look forward to getting everything resolved. And that I hate having to be patient. But it happens. That's life. And I do believe that everything will be okay.

I confess that if I get my back issues of Filament in the mail today, it will officially be a good day, despite anything and everything else.

No comments: