July 18, 2010

Sunday Pleasures

I spent my Sunday afternoon doing one of the most pleasurable things possible: swimming and sunning at Hippie-Hollow, an Austin-area clothing-optional beach. It's fun, relaxing, a great way to beat the heat, and I always leave feeling more confident about my body than I did when I arrived. There are all types, shapes, colors, and sizes at Hippie Hollow, and it really allows you to appreciate the beauty in all bodies. It's a great self-esteem boost.

On Friday, my friends loaned me their copy of The Cheese Lover's Cookbook & Guide. I spent half the evening drooling over the lovely recipes. At least half of them are vegetarian-friendly, too.

These same friends also gave me a copy of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. I haven't looked at it extensively yet because I still have Dough on loan from the library, but I look forward to working with it soon.

This week has been a series of gastronomic delights at favorite local restaurants: Magnolia Cafe with my husband and best friend after an evening on a Slip n Slide, Kerbey Lane Cafe with friends after swing dancing at the Fed on Thursday night, as well as last night after a dance performance, and finally Mother's Cafe for brunch yesterday with a friend I don't get to see nearly often enough.

I'm rounding off my Sunday by baking bread and having some beer from the Great Lakes Brewing Company. So glad I bought $50 worth of it when I was in Ohio - there's no way to get it in Texas!

No comments: