July 25, 2010

Sunday Pleasures

It's been a pretty good weekend. I feel pretty lazy today - more interested in playing crosswords and watching TV than doing any work or writing. Perhaps a day off will do me good.

I made not one but two pies this weekend! One was an avocado-cream cheese pie from the Pie cookbook, and the other was a raspberry-rhubarb that we made based on another recipe from the same book. Both turned out delicious.

We hosted a party last night, and I made a sundried tomato tofu dip from Lorna Sass' The Complete Vegetarian Kitchen. It's a delicious dip and so easy to make - soft tofu, sundried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, sea salt, and parsley or basil.

For the past few months, I've been taking yoga classes at Sacred Streams, just a few blocks from my apartment. It's a small, intimate studio with lovely teachers. I can't wait for my class tomorrow!

I received my review copy of Alison's Wonderland in the mail on Friday, and I can't wait to start it tonight. I'm looking to end my weekend with a quiet evening in and a good book.

No comments: