September 14, 2010

Confession Tuesday

I confess that now that I'm no longer committed to some kind of writing-a-day project, I'm blogging less. Since I'm not as accountable to getting things done, I feel there's less to report on. However, I'm going to try to start working out a blogging schedule of some kind. I think I want to post on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, as these tend to be my least-busy, most blogging-friendly days of the week. However, I tried to implement that this week and so far have skipped Sunday and am not sure I will have anything to post about tomorrow. So . . .  we'll see.

I confess that I'm writing and submitting less and focusing on research for my new novel (NaNoWriMo is only 6 weeks away!), and loving it. I enjoy having the chance to just learn and absorb information while letting my creative juices simmer. I'm also doing character sketches/exercises every single day. I can't wait for the writing process to begin!

I confess that I want a new laptop even though I don't really need one.

I confess that I completed therapy today. It was open-ended, and I had realized that I was nearing the end of my treatment. It's thrilling to realize all the work, time, and money paid off. And having an extra hour a week is nice, too.

I confess that real life has gotten in the way of a lot of my writing and researching this week, and it's really frustrating. It's hard to remember that life just goes this way sometimes, and the best thing I can do is just relax and know that I will give my work the attention it deserves when I am able.

I confess that I have a new dry erase board in my room to help keep my stories organized, and I love it. It feels great to look at my wall and see my progress, even if the progress isn't going as fast as I'd like.

I confess that I'm ridiculously nervous about the Lusty Literati Erotic Reading tonight. Terrified. Absolutely terrified. It will be great. But tell that to my nerves.

No comments: