November 17, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day 16

Up to 54k as of yesterday, and my goal is to get to 55k by the time I go to bed tonight. Yes, my progress is much slower, but as I mentioned yesterday, I am trying to strike a balance between the novel and other projects now that I've gotten the initial words out of the way.

The novel is still going in fits and starts. Some chapters still aren't complete, even foundational ones - for some reason, I haven't been in the mood to write the big sex scene. I've written plenty of smaller ones, but for whatever reason, I'm intellectually and emotionally resistant to the definitive one. It's a fear thing. I need to get over it. Maybe I will commit to writing it at the write-in tomorrow.

Funny how I've managed to write so much in such a short time, and yet I'm still having hang-ups that revolve around fear. Some things never change. And you just have to deal with them as they come.

1 comment:

Hannah Stephenson said...

I am like this with ideas that are BIG, that will require much of me. I sometimes put that writing off, even though I know it needs to be done...

So glad the novel is going well! Hang in there!