November 18, 2010

NaNoWriMo Days 17-18

Well, yesterday, I worked on various projects, sat down in the afternoon to work on the novel - and just didn't feel like it. At all. Just going into my Documents folder and clicking on the document to open it seemed like a momentous chore. So I took the day off, and focused entirely on other projects.

This morning, I woke up still not wanting to write. But I had a write-in to attend, darn it. And I wasn't about to let that go. So I got my butt out of bed, drove to south Austin, and parked myself in a chair for 2 hours. And wrote a little over 2,000 words. Go me!

The weekend forecast is not conducive to writing: party prep (including housecleaning) tomorrow; a party on Saturday as well as a number of other things during the day; and recovery on Sunday. I'm hoping to knock out another 2k over the weekend, though. We'll see!

No comments: