November 28, 2010

NaNoWriMo Days 21-27

So . . . I burned out early this year. I haven't touched the novel in a week, nor been to a write-in in a week and a half. I've thrown myself into other projects - drafts that need revising before deadlines, new stories that I want to get down before I lose momentum, etc. And of course, the holiday took away from my writing. But really, it's that I'm bad at pacing myself, and I burned out.

And that's okay. It happens. I still have 55,000 words of a novel completed. I have all the chapters down. It's a very, very rough draft, but it's a draft nonetheless. And though I need a break from it now, and that break might last a long time, I have written something new. I put a lot of work into it, I learned a lot about history and poets and my own process, and I met my goal yet again.

No comments: