November 7, 2010

NaNoWriMo Days 4-6

Still moving steadily along! Thursday the 4th, I attended a write-in and generated about 2,300 words in two hours, and managed to add another 1,000 words to the novel throughout the rest of the day. But I burned out pretty early, around 5 p.m.

On Friday, I was stuck, and struggled to get my 1,667 words. Granted, I could have taken time off, since I was already ahead, but I try to meet the minimum wordcount every day, no matter how big my buffer.

I had insomnia on Friday night/Saturday morning, so got up at 5 a.m. and wrote about 1,000 words in an hour. After a little more sleep, I went to a writer's conference, where I did a lot of writing, but none of it related to my novel. I came home emotionally and intellectually exhausted (one of the pieces I started drafting is a sort of letting-go piece about my recent breakup, and while it's good for me to write, it's also draining), but managed a few hundred more, putting me squarely at 20k last night.

I've taken Sunday off so far in order to recharge my batteries, but I'm gearing up for a 3-hour write-in. I'd like to get 5k done today, but even if that doesn't happen, I'm proud of myself so far.

No comments: