November 11, 2010

NaNoWriMo Days 7-10

I had a mammoth writing day on Sunday the 7th, knocking out 5,000 words in 2.5 hours and putting me squarely at the halfway point of 25,000 words. Since then, the writing has gone a bit slower, as other projects have occupied my time (plus after writing that much on Sunday, my brain was totally shot on Monday). But I continue on, and finished at just over 32,000 words yesterday afternoon.

I should mention at this point that I'm now officially writing the whole novel without my outline. Although some wonderful professionals were able to recover my data from my broken computer, the outline file got corrupted at some point - meaning I have no outline. And it would take up too much precious writing time to actually try to re-create it. But I'm totally writing without a map. It's a little scary. But I seem to be doing okay.

No comments: