November 28, 2010

Sunday Pleasures

I haven't spent much time being out and about this week. Writing, getting ready for the holiday, and spending time in the homes of friends. So today's pleasures are internet-based.

"Love is always a palimpsest" by Anton Gourman. I happened upon this on the internet via twitter and I absolutely adore it.

Salacious: A Queer Feminist Sex Magazine. I need to submit to this one! And so do you! It's going to be great!

The Cleveland Review. Nice to see a literary publication emerging from my hometown. And one of my friends from graduate school is the poetry editor. I can't wait for the first issue!

The Sinfest comic from November 24th. (Not to mention the one from November 23rd). They made my whole week!

The Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal comic from November 26th. When did journalism in general stop having standards?

Jonathan Franzen will deliver the commencement address at Kenyon College this year. I am so jealous! Though I doubt anything could ever beat David Foster Wallace's address from 2005.

The Walking Deadline. A meditation on zombies, death, and writing. One of the best things I have read this week.

No comments: