This week, I'm thankful for:
- Long talks with long-lost friends. It's nice to know that some connections don't wither with time or distance.
- Nice tech support representatives who realize that sometimes, their customers are actually intelligent when it comes to computers. Lenovo customer service rocks!
- My friend finishing grad school (while working at a full-time job) unscathed!
- Getting to meet the executive chef at one of my favorite hangouts.
- A tutoring job! Yay money! And yay for students who pay in advance!
- Rediscovering that I have not lost all my tutoring skills in the 2.5 years since I last worked with students. My skills are a tad rusty, but they're coming back fast.
- Rediscovering that I LOVE tutoring. Why didn't I try to get into it as a career sooner?
- Casual, stress-free holiday celebrations with family and friends.
- Having more story ideas than I have time. Frustrating that I can't get them all on paper rightthissecond, but it's so nice to have lots of inspiration.