December 16, 2010

Thankful Thursday

A busy week! Which has resulted in some stress (like an unsightly cyst in my eyelid three days before a dance performance), but many, many good things.

This week, I'm thankful for:

  • Long talks with long-lost friends. It's nice to know that some connections don't wither with time or distance. 
  • Nice tech support representatives who realize that sometimes, their customers are actually intelligent when it comes to computers. Lenovo customer service rocks!
  • My friend finishing grad school (while working at a full-time job) unscathed!
  • Getting to meet the executive chef at one of my favorite hangouts.
  • A tutoring job! Yay money! And yay for students who pay in advance!
  • Rediscovering that I have not lost all my tutoring skills in the 2.5 years since I last worked with students. My skills are a tad rusty, but they're coming back fast.
  • Rediscovering that I LOVE tutoring. Why didn't I try to get into it as a career sooner? 
  • Casual, stress-free holiday celebrations with family and friends.
  • Having more story ideas than I have time. Frustrating that I can't get them all on paper rightthissecond, but it's so nice to have lots of inspiration.

No comments: