December 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday

It's a gloomy morning. I'm feeling like a zombie because I was up till all hours with my brain still processing things from my breakup in July (it's been a long, slow road and last week I was stupid enough to read a series of emails he and I had exchanged two years ago, when we were first together and falling in love; it pretty much messed up my brain for the rest of the night; I knew better than to do that, but too late now). My brother in law will be here in 48 hours and the house is still a mess. My husband forgot to finish his chores last night, which interferes with my ability to get my own housework done.

But I have quite a bit to be thankful for, so I will elaborate on it here.

  1. Indoor plumbing. Words cannot express how much I love indoor plumbing.
  2. Tea. It de-zombies me.
  3. I have three avocado plants sprouting up from the seeds I planted, and possibly a fourth sprouting as well.
  4. Bagels from scratch. I haven't quite perfected my bagel-making technique yet, but I'm starting to get pretty good.
  5. The Working Writer's Daily Planner 2011. I admit that I'd already purchased a calendar for the year, but after reading about this one at Book of Kells, I couldn't resist. And BookWoman managed to get it for me super-fast!
  6. Tutoring work. It's fulfilling and it doesn't distract me too much from my writing.
  7. That the novel I started at the beginning of the month seems to be coming together somewhat. I'm hoping to have a rough draft by my birthday in April.
  8. My brother in law gets here on Saturday! I haven't seen him in over a year! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Hannah Stephenson said...

Have a fun week.

(PS--delete the emails?)