January 11, 2011

Confession Tuesday

I confess that I'm a little stressed this week. I got horrible food poisoning on Thursday night that put me under until Monday morning, so I'm behind on stuff I had to do last week. And of course, I'm trying to stay on top of all of the stuff I already had to do this week, including getting ready for a major dance competition this weekend. It's one of those situations where I feel like I'm just holding on. It's not that bad, it will pass, but it's definitely frustrating.

I confess that I've made progress in terms of actually taking time to rest when I'm sick, and that's good. While in other years, I would have tried to power through and work through my illness, I just let my body rest and take all the time it needed to heal, rather than trying to push myself to get things done when I wasn't really up to it. While my productivity took a hit, it's good that I've finally learned to slow down when I'm not well.

No comments: