January 2, 2011

New Year's Goals

I'm not a big fan of resolutions, when you get right down to it. Largely because I've never been able to accomplish these mysterious New Year's Resolutions. But I'm great at setting goals! So here are my plans for my writing life in 2011:


  • Continue with a semi-regular blogging schedule.
  • Make a concerted effort to secure a publisher for my novella. If I feel I've put forth a good effort and it's just not working, self-publish.
  • Accomplish certain milestones for my super-secret anthology project. I wish I could elaborate more here, but that would kill the secrecy. I do have them written down elsewhere, though.
  • Have a rough draft of my newest novel finished by my birthday in April; have a draft ready to submit to agents and publishers by the end of the year.
  • Get my one-act play produced and/or published.
  • Submit one poem, story, or nonfiction piece per week to either a journal or a contest.
I'm sure new goals will creep up throughout the year. But these are going to be my priority. 

Happy New Year, everyone! I wish you well on your own writing endeavors.

No comments: